Monday, January 17, 2011

Cookie Decorating


This weekend was pretty uneventful and relaxing. Sunday afternoon we swung by our Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen, Joe and I are suckers for their iced sugar cookies! This weekend you could buy a decorating box, for 6 bucks you got three sugar cookies, three colors of icing, and colorful sprinkles. I helped Addie and Joe helped Judah. I realized after few seconds that I was doing it for her, what fun is that? Would she really remember decorating cookies if mommy was the one doing it? So I let her take over and Joe let Judah decorate his. They turned out to be a mile-high pile of multicolored sugar, but they loved them!
Sometimes you just have to relax a little and them learn.

We started making over my sewing room! It will take a little while, since we are doing a little at a time, but one wall is painted and Joe has begun hanging some shelves! I've found that the best bang for your buck, as far as shelving, is to buy a piece of MDF and have them cut it at the store. Lowe's MDF board was $32 for 3/4 inch board, and it was only 25cents a cut! I'll have more than enough shelving to store sewing stuff!

Adam is cutting his first tooth!

No comments: